Tuesday 13 March 2012

March 13


Dear All,
 
Greetings! We've JUST arrived in our hotel right along the Bund which is the downtown core of this megacity, Shanghai. We've just returned from Inner Mongolia where we all experienced the most amazing hospitality and unique time in this northern culture.  (Not many foreigners visit this area so our students experienced 'fame' and lots of attention with students wanting photos, autographs, emails and they even received gifts from the students). The school spoiled us with very delicious and bountiful amounts of Mongolian food and we had very nice accommodations there which was a treat. (We didn't have  internet, however, so that is why I couldn't touch base until now.)
 
The trek to this area and back south again was a geographer's dream and so I could write pages on the geology but I know you don't all share my passion so later tonight I'll just give a brief summary and some pictures!

Flying in to Shanghai later this afternoon we had time to learn from tour guide as we rode the bus into the downtown core. (This city is 80 km by 80 km & inhabited by 27 million people!) But we only have a minute as we're off to have dinner right now so I'll send some pictures of the last few days & some information later this evening.
 
Thanks again for your responses & I'm sending this quick as a few of you requested that I touch base so I thought I'd respond immediately!!
 
Blessings!!
Mrs. VV

No comments:

Post a Comment